Hop, Step, Jump into English is a three-level course for teaching English to elementary school children. 32 topic-based lessons are presented in each Teacher's Book. These self-contained lessons are carefully designed and arranged to ensure enjoyable and successful learning for children. Each lesson plan consists of a Teacher Page and a photocopiable Student Page.
Photocopiable Student Pages present a wide variety of activities such as: listening comprehension quizzes, interview games, personalization, and craft activities. Some pages serve as worksheets while the others can be used as student cards.
• Goal section serves as a quick reference for busy teachers.
• Before class section tells you what to prepare before class.
• Warm up activities help students focus on the topic of the day.
• Fun and communicative Activity motivates all the students.
• Suggestions present practical tips and cultural information.
• Wrap up activities reinforce the language and build confidence.
Each teacher page is also provided in Japanese.
R.I.C. Early Learning Friends (ELF) Series recommended books are shown, where appropriate, to allow you to reinforce your students' learning.
Teaching English to Children
Teaching English to Children pages show you how to teach English to elementary school children. This section is particularly informative if you are new to teaching English or have a large class.
Teaching Phonics pages have everything you need to integrate brief phonics instruction into all of your regular lessons.
All the flashcards necessary for phonics instruction and general lessons are presented.
The accompanying CD contains the pronunciation model of all the key vocabulary and structures and the recording of all the songs, chants, and rhymes. The scripts appear in the Teacher Pages at point of use.