Pathways is Heinle's new four-level academic skills series that features reading & writing and listening & speaking strands to help learners develop the language skills needed to achieve academic success. Learners develop academic literacy skills through content, images and video from National Geographic. This innovative series provides learners with a pathway to success!
With Pathways learners:
DEVELOP academic literacy skills
CONNECT to the real world through National Geographic content
ACHIEVE academic success
The Student Book helps students achieve academic success in and out of the classroom, supported by content, images, and video from National Geographic. Powered by MyELT, the Online Workbook has both teacher-led and self-study options. It contains all video clips, automatically graded activities, video note-taking capabilities, and speech recognition technology including recorded playback.
• Meaningful and authentic content from National Geographic stimulates learners' curiosity and participation.
• A clear pathway from formal presentations to student-to-student interactions helps students become active, informed listeners in lectures and conversations.
• Communication skills are taught and practiced through realistic contexts designed to model the academic classroom.
• Presentation skills, including organization, preparation, and delivery techniques, are introduced and practiced in every unit.
• Opportunities for critical thinking throughout each unit prepare learners to succeed in the academic classroom.