Mystery & horror
Through the narratives of Mr Enfield, Mr Utterson, Dr Lanyon and Poole, Jekyll’s butler, the mystery of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde is revealed: Dr Jekyll, an eminent scientist, has discovered a drug which changes him into the embodiment of his evil impulses. Which side of Jekyll, the good or the evil, will triumph?
London and Crime
The ‘Double’ in 19th-century Fiction
Beautifully designed and illustrated easy reader complete with grammar and comprehension exercises. The text includes an introduction in accessible English containing interesting facts that place the story into context as well as a glossary at the bottom of the page which explains difficult terms. The audio CD contains both a complete reading of the text by a professional narrator and a set of pronunciation exercises. The combined package of book and CD work brilliantly together to create a wonderful, captivating learning resource for beginners of English.
- Fun immersive, way to learn English as a second language through engaging stories
- Suitable for adolescent and adult learners of English
- The accompanying audio CD to this English Easy Reader includes the narrated abridged text, pronunciation and listening exercises
- Grammar and comprehension activities throughout the text in the book reinforce learning
- Annotations in English underneath the text in the book help to explain difficult phrases
- The English introduction contains interesting facts which put the story into context
- The convenient format easily allows intermediate level learners to access the English language
- Handy-sized book--great for learning on the move