Reading Rocket is a three-level reading series for young learners of English. In each book, carefully graded reading passages are supported by a variety of exercises. By completing these exercises, students build vocabulary, extend grammatical knowledge, and progressively consolidate their reading skills.
In order to make the passages and exercises more appealing, the authors have created fun, same-aged characters for the fictional passages. These fictional passages are alternated with non-fiction passages to reflect the varied interests of elementary school students and to scaffold them towards academic reading.
Reading Rocket also provides an easy-to-follow lesson format that enables students to actively take part in the reading and thinking process.
- A memorable and interesting family of characters
- Exciting fiction passages with warm feelings and humor
- Exciting non-fiction passages that prepare students for academic reading
- Cumulative vocabulary and reading skill practice
- A systematic lesson process
- A cumulative word list that summarizes the key vocabulary
- An innovative warm-up section to motivate students
- Accompanying audio recordings