4000 Essential English Words
4000 Essential English Words is a six-book series that is design to focus on practical high-frequency words to enhance the vocabulary of learners from high beginning to advance levels. The 600 words in each book of this series along with the additional target words presented in the appendices included in the first three books of the series are the most useful words in English.
- Clear, easy to understand definitions and examples
- Various activities to reinforce target vocabulary
- Progressive development of vocabulary across levels
- Original stories which utilize target words
- Useful color images that illustrate each target word
- Free downloadable supplemental audio recordings of target word lists and stories to aid in listening and pronunciation
1. Each unit consists of 20 Target Words with phonetic signs, parts of speech, sample sentences, and illustrations to help students to understand the words better.
2. Target words in the stories are highlighted for learners to recall the meanings of the words while reading them.
3. The activities in these books are specially designed to make use of important learning conditions.
4. Appendices included in the first three books of the series present the most useful words in English as a picture dictionary format.
Word List: 20 Target Words in each unit include parts of speech, definitions, and sample sentences
Exercise: Variety of questions including Target Words
Reading Passage: Original stories with 20 Target words included
Reading Comprehension: Supports the understanding of the stories
Appendix(Book1-3): Acts as a picture dictionary with useful words that are not included in Target Words