We Can! is a new, exciting, and unique goal-oriented seven-level series for elementary students by one of Asia's leaders in teaching English to children, Yoko Matsuka.
Each level (Level 1-6) contains 384 achievable and carefully designed goals. By the time students finish Level 6, they have the English ability equivalent to Eiken pre-Level 2 as well as Cambridge Young Learners English Test Movers level.
Levels 1-6 each have seven components. The Starter Level includes fun songs and simple conversations. It has been designed to stand alone, or be used as a picture dictionary supporting the vocabulary in Levels 1 and 2.
"How can students learn English in an environment where they don't need it? The answer is WE CAN! and there's no magic in it. As students clear the goals, one by one, they will naturally learn English." -- Yoko Matsuka
We Can! by Yoko Matsuka of Matsuka Phonics Institute (MPI). Published by McGraw-Hill.
- Easy to Evaluate: The 384 goals make progress easy to see for students, teachers, and parents.
- English for Real Communication: Students use English in a real, practical way inside and outside the classroom.
- Balanced Use of Phonics: Students learn good pronunciation and to read and write on their own.
- Spiral Curriculum: Students constantly recycle and reuse previously learned language.
- Rhythm and Pronunciation: Students master rhythm and pronunciation skills through songs, chants, movement, drama, and roleplay.
- Expansion of Discourse: Students develop language competence beyond the sentence level with carefully designed, fun, experience-based activities and real interactions.