San Francisco lies under a cloud of radioactive dust. People live in half-deserted buildings, and keep electric animals as pets because so many real animals have died. Most people emigrate to Mars -- unless they have a job to do on Earth.Like Rick Deckard -- android killer for the police and owner of an electric sheep. This week he has to find, identify, and kill six escaped androids. They're machines, but they look and sound and think like humans -- clever, dangerous humans. They will be hard to kill. The film Blade Runner was based on this famous novel.
Oxford Bookworms have a worldwide reputation for providing learners with a great reading experience, with a wide range of classic and modern fiction, non-fiction, and plays. Bookworms include original and adapted texts in seven carefully graded language stages (Starters and Stages 1 ~6), which take learners from beginner to advanced level. Oxford Bookworms are now available in beautiful new editions designed to make choosing and reading Bookworms even more enjoyable.
- An extended range of activities and teaching support in each title.
- Titles have been chosen for their enjoyment value and quality of writing.
- All titles are fully illustrated and feature stylish new covers.
- The Activities section at the back of each title has been extended to include extra activities before, while and after reading, helping students to interact with the text and get the most out of each story.
- Each title also has an Introduction, a Glossary of key topic words, and an informative 'About the Author' section.
- Over 50 titles are available on CD in British or American English. Extensive Teaching Support