It is 1880, in the Opera House in Paris. Everybody is talking about the Phantom of the Opera, the ghost that lives somewhere under the Opera House. The Phantom is a man in black clothes. He is a body without a head, he is a head without a body. He has a yellow face, he has no nose, he has black holes for eyes. Everybody is afraid of the Phantom -- the singers, the dancers, the directors, the stage workers . . .
But who has actually seen him?
Oxford Bookworms have a worldwide reputation for providing learners with a great reading experience, with a wide range of classic and modern fiction, non-fiction, and plays. Bookworms include original and adapted texts in seven carefully graded language stages (Starters and Stages 1 ~6), which take learners from beginner to advanced level. Oxford Bookworms are now available in beautiful new editions designed to make choosing and reading Bookworms even more enjoyable.
- An extended range of activities and teaching support in each title.
- Titles have been chosen for their enjoyment value and quality of writing.
- All titles are fully illustrated and feature stylish new covers.
- The Activities section at the back of each title has been extended to include extra activities before, while and after reading, helping students to interact with the text and get the most out of each story.
- Each title also has an Introduction, a Glossary of key topic words, and an informative 'About the Author' section.
- Over 50 titles are available on CD in British or American English. Extensive Teaching Support