Award-winning original fiction for learners of English. At seven levels, from Starter to Advanced, this impressive selection of carefully graded readers offers exciting reading for every student's capabilities. Joe lives in Canada, in a beautiful, quiet place. His peace is interrupted one day by the noise of bulldozers excavating near his house. He is told that it's a diamond mine. Joe is a journalist for a local newspaper and his neighbours soon come to ask him to write about the awful noise and destruction. Joe becomes suspicious when his boss won't let him write about it. He starts to investigate the mine, but gets himself in harm's way.
Original stories at seven levels from starter to advanced, written specially for learners of English. With gripping plots and a range of genres to satisfy every taste, Cambridge English Readers offer high-quality original fiction that students will love! The highest quality of writing and storytelling is combined with the greatest sensitivity to the learner's language level, to ensure an enjoyable and successful learning experience, with learners eager to finish one book and start the next.
- Seven levels from Starter to Advanced provide reading material for every student's ability.
- A wide selection of titles, from thriller to romance, with international settings appeal to a broad range of interests.
- Contemporary themes, gripping plots and believable characters inspire learners and stimulate classroom discussion.
- Audio CD recordings for every title improve listening and speaking skills.
- eBook and audiobook formats make every Reader instantly accessible wherever you are.
- Free online resources for students and teachers at www.cambridge.org/elt/readers include vocabulary placement test, lesson plans and worksheets for every title and provide all the support you need for successful learning through reading.