Key Order Details
1) Discount is 20% on everything, no matter what quantity you order. That simple.
2) Postage and Packing is FREE for orders over ¥ 50,000 (after the discount) or ¥ 700 otherwise. So if you’re close to 50,000 why not order another book and get free shipping?
3) You don’t have to pay until you receive your books and you can pay by bank transfer, post office transfer, credit card, PayPal or COD. When you checkout you choose how you plan to pay.
4) It takes up to 7 working days to receive your books. Books often arrive sooner. Deliveries to remote islands however can take longer.
5) So we can serve everyone better, we ask you to order through this website... website orders always get processed first!
6) If your school or college has complex paperwork requirements, don’t worry, we can handle it. Just contact us and we will sort it out with you.
The Process in Brief
1) Browse or search for your books.
2) Choose how many of each title you want and add them to your cart.
3) To see what you’ve ordered, click View Cart. When you’re ready to buy, hit Checkout.
4) If you’re new, fill in your contact details on the Checkout page. You submit your ordering details (including how you wish to pay) and Checkout at the same time. If you’re not new, just fill in your name and email address when you Checkout - we have your details on file.
5) You’ll get an automatic email, confirming your order. You can reply to us if you want to make any changes at this time.
6) We’ll send an Acknowledgement from a human (usually from Shigemi or Lily) which confirms the price and availability of the books.
7) Your books arrive with an invoice and you pay us by credit card, COD, post office transfer or bank transfer. The “How to Pay” information is with your invoice. Smiles all round!
Another Way of Putting It...
Search or Browse the Website
ELTBOOKS.com works the same way that most shopping cart sites work. Search or browse for the items that you are looking for and then add those items that you want to your cart, specifying the number of copies of each title.
If there is a title that you are looking for that you can’t find, just use our Custom Order Form which allows you to input the details. The most important information you can provide is the ISBN. The item will be added to your cart.
When you have all the items you want, you can check out. If you have not used ELTBOOKS.com before you will need to register the first time.
Your books will be sent to you with an invoice and you pay for them when you receive them.
Notification of Receipt of Your Order
1) You will receive an immediate e-mail confirmation of your order which will list the books you have ordered and provide a provisional total price for the books that are in our online catalog.
2) You will then receive, within 2 working days, an e-mail from one of our staff with a PDF invoice attached which will confirm your order, final pricing and any other details. You will be notified if there is any problem with the availability of the materials you have ordered.
If the materials are in stock in Japan, you will receive them within 7 working days, if not, we will notify you. Your materials will be sent by courier to the delivery address you have provided us. Deliveries to remote islands however can take longer.
How and When to Pay
Payment for books is due upon receipt of your books. You can pay COD, bank transfer, through the post office or by credit card using PayPal. You choose how you want to pay when you Checkout.
You will receive the invoice and a special post office payment slip with your books. Payment can be made through any post office or by bank transfer to the bank account listed on the invoice.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us!
1. How long will my order take?
If the books are in stock, your order will take up to 7 working days. Deliveries to remote islands however can take longer.
2. What notifications will I receive?
You will receive two e-mail notifications (please check your spam mail if they don't appear in your inbox).
(i) You will receive an immediate e-mail confirmation of your order which will list the books you have ordered and which will provide you with a provisional total price.
(ii) Within 2 working days, you will receive another e-mail with a PDF attachment with your confirmed order, final pricing and any other relevant information.
3. How do I pay?
Payment for books is due upon receipt of your books, so please pay as soon as you receive the books. You can pay by COD, bank transfer, through the post office or by credit card using PayPal. You will receive the invoice and a special post office payment slip with your books. Payment can be made through any post office or by bank transfer to the bank account listed on the invoice.
4. Can I get a receipt?
Yes. On request, a receipt will be sent by e-mail as a PDF attachment.
5. What are the delivery costs?
There is a flat delivery fee of ¥ 700 on all orders below the value of ¥ 50,000. There are no delivery costs on orders of ¥ 50,000 or more. There is a surcharge of ¥ 500 for paying COD for orders of any size.
6. How much is the discount?
20% off the standard retail price - for everyone.
7. Can I call you to discuss my order?
In order to make sure we serve everyone as speedily as possible, we can’t accept telephone or fax enquiries, but you can contact us by using the Contact Us form.
8. Help! What do I do if I can't find a book by searching or browsing the website?
Please use our custom order form. We can supply books from any Western publisher with an office in Japan and many others who don’t.
9. Can I order from abroad?
Due to restrictions set by customs regulations and shipping companies affecting delivery time and costs, we are afraid we cannot guarantee the same service to customers abroad. Therefore, we are currently not accepting orders from anywhere outside Japan.
10. How can I change my shipping address?
If you have ordered before, just use the "Returning Customer" section of the Checkout page and write your new address in the comment field. No need to register anew.
11. How can I change my email address?
Just fill in the "Returning Customer" section when you Checkout and write your new email address in the email field. Please mention your old email address in the comment field.
12. Can I order samples from you?
We recommend you order samples directly from the publisher, since ELTBOOKS cannot stock samples of all products.
13. What course do you recommend?
For a start, we recommend browsing the catalogues. You can order catalogues from all major publishers here:
Ordering a catalogue is completely free. However, since these catalogues list prices in Japanese Yen, we only ship catalogues inside Japan.
If you want to know what other customers prefer to use, take a look at the "People who bought this also bought this" box at the bottom of each page. Click here for an example.